Phiten patches — do they work?

Quote · 1309 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Do these Phiten titanium patches and tapes work? Or are they basically snake oil?

DH and I both have had some injuries recently. I have some kinda pull in my neck and shoulder, and he has a neck injury. So after a couple of days of suffering, he came home this morning with a box of those Phiten patches. The little discs that supposedly have titanium in them. Supposed to help with circulation, healing, etc.

OK, I said, I'm willing to try them. Can't hurt. But ... really, $9 (!!!) for a little box of stickers? At that price, they BETTAH work. ^_^

I find it interesting that when you go to Phiten's website, http://www.phitenusa.com, there is no easily accessible explanation of what's in their products and how they are supposed to help you heal or perform better. I just spent 10 minutes jumping from spot to spot on their website, even their FAQs, with no luck.

Has anyone else tried these before? What did you think? Did they help you?

Your Moms In Hawaii Editor, Founder & Chief Executive Mom ... at your service!

Mr. C swears by them!  And yes, they're pricey!  He gets his from the Phiten store on Kapiolani...

I tried it ONCE and I don't think it did anything. Although, I think I'm just impatient....  hahaha...

Mom Squad Member and Crazy Mom of #7FLIPS

i have never tried them! BUT my dad loves them! he has a physical job and SWEARS they work!

My mom, doesn't usually wear them, was having a ache in her knee when walking and my dad made her wear some...SHE SWEARS her knee didnt have the pain anymore!

i dont think she'd lie. i think she was hoping my dad would be wrong!Wink

I should check these out.  I have never heard of them.  I usually use heat or cream-based pain relievers.  They seem to work well for muscle or nerve pain.

Let us know if/how they work for you, Es.  I'm always looking for pain relief stuff for myself and my kids....the newest thing we've tried is an icy hot spray.  My son pulled a muscle at wrestling a few weeks ago and he said it really helped!

Quote · 1308 days ago · 0 people like this ·

As promised, mamas, I'm reporting back.

Let me start by saying that I'm the Queen of Skepticism. I figured for sure DH had wasted $9 on, basically, a box of stickers.

Let me also add that I figured my neck and shoulder were going to be weeks in the healing, because I had been getting creepy nerve pain and unbelievable stiffness like I'd never had before.

I wore the Phiten stickers all day yesterday and still felt really stiff and sore. I left them on, and went to sleep full prepared to wake up declaring this thing as quackery.

What actually happened: I woke up. I went about my business. And only about an hour after I got up did I realize: Heyyyyy. Waitaminit. I didn't have any pain in my neck or shoulder when I woke up!

How is this even possible?

Now, you gotta know the caveat: Yesterday the discomfort in my neck and shoulder were so bad, I was also using a heating pad intermittently to try to relax the muscles in that  area. I also caved and took a couple of ibuprofen that morning (although I didn't take any more after that). So we don't exactly have a scientifically controlled experiment here.

Still, who can argue with a pain-free neck and shoulder?

I don't dare take these patches off now (although I guess I'd better remove them at some point ... to exchange them for new ones ... !)

Quote · 1308 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Someone gave me a Phiten bracelet and I wore it for a few days but never noticed any differences.
But maybe I will try the patches for knee pain, and since the store is only a block away.

Quote · 1307 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hey Esme, where can you purchase them at???

It's a sticker???

Wow!!! I need to get some for my dad asap!!!

Quote · 1307 days ago · 0 people like this ·

It's a sticker???

They sell them at Longs...

Mom Squad Member and Crazy Mom of #7FLIPS
Quote · 1306 days ago · 0 people like this ·

i've NEVER heard of this!!

Quote · 1306 days ago · 0 people like this ·

It's a sticker???

They sell them at Longs...

MOTG, yes, my DH bought them at Longs. Good luck and let us know how it works for your dad!

Forums

Aloha,

• Share to Facebook
    Share to Twitter
    Pin it
    LinkedIn
    Google+
    Email
    Print
  • Report a problem
  • Join Moms in Hawaii
  • Login

Right Panel: Reveal

This panel is positioned on the right with the reveal display mode. The panel markup is after the header, content and footer in the source order.

To close, click off the panel, swipe left or right, hit the Esc key, or use the button below:

Close panel