Easter Activities!

Quote · 897 days ago · 0 people like this ·

My boys are so excited every year for Easter fun!  Here's a list of family friendly events that I stumbled upon!  If you know of any, please add on, especially if FREE!!  Happy Easter!

March 24-April 7: Pictures with the Easter bunny @Kahala Mall

March 24: Easter Bunny Arrival Celebration @Windward Mall (Sears Wing) 10am-12pm  Arts and crafts and even goodie bags for the first 100 keiki!  FREE

March 24: Hope Chapel Easter Fest (Fun Fair and Egg Hunt) 10am-2pm  Food for purchase. Cost:  $5 Keiki Fun Wristband for 6th graders and younger includes egg hunt, bouncers, crafts, games, entertainment and door prizes.  $20 Super Fun Wristband includes unlimited use of the rock climbing wall, video game room, slip and slide, bouncer, bungee run, Velcro wall and door prizes.

For more info:  808-235-5814

March 31: Seahunt @Waikiki Aquarium 8:30am-12pm Keiki will go on a scavenger hunt to solve a marine life puzzle, learning about underwater creatures in the process. There will be fishpond games, craft activities and the Easter Bunny will also be making an appearance. Advance reservations recommended. Cost: (FOWA) members $5 per child, Non-FOWA members $15 per child, Fishpond vouchers $2 per ticket

March 31: Egg Hunt @Koko Head Park Registration at 9am, Hunt at 10am  for children ages 12 and under. FREE

March 31: Egg Hunt @Kaimuki Park  Hunt at 9:30am, registration required so come a little early!  FREE

April 1: Egg Hunt @Manoa Valley Park  Hunt at 9:30am, registration required so come a little early!  FREE

April 1: Egg Hunt @DeCorte Park (Kalihi Uka)  12:30pm

April 7: Breakfast with the Easter bunny @Dave and Busters Ward 8am-10:30am Enjoy a breakfast buffet, Easter egg hunt, face painting, balloon art, and a VIP card for each guest.  Reservations are required.

Cost:  $17.99 for adults (includes tax and gratuity), $11.99 for kids ages 3-10, Free for kids under 3 years old.  Photo packages for pictures with the Easter bunny are sold separately.

For more info. and tickets:  808-589-2215

April 7: Spring Fling @Children's Discovery Center  9-10am Hop, skip, and jump into the Children’s Discovery enter for a Spring Spectacular! Join us for an egg hunt inside the Center’s exhibit galleries, participate in fun games and crafts, and end your morning with a visit to the Discovery Center. Cost:$12 Phone: 524-5437

April 8: Star of Honolulu Easter Lunch Cruise 12pm-2:30pm Enjoy views of the coastline and keep an eye out for humpback whales.  Enjoy their Taste of Hawaii lunch buffet with roast beef carved onboard, Easter cake and champagne toast.  There will also be hands-on Hawaiian cultural activities and an Easter egg hunt and prize giveaway for kids.  Make reservations online or by phone.

Cost:  $63 for adults, $10 for children ages 3-11 with a piad adult. Kama’aina and military discounts available.

For more info:  808-983-7827 and http://www.starofhonolulu.com

April 8: Easter Brunch Buffet @Willows Enjoy a delicious Easter Brunch Buffet and join the Easter bunny for Easter egg hunts in the garden area at 11am and 1pm.

Cost:  $42.95 for adults, $21.50 for children ages 4 to 10.  No senior discounts, coupons or special promotions.

For more info. and reservations:  808-952-9200

Wow Selene, great list!!  My son once took a pic with the Easter bunny, but my daughter has never done well with characters in costume so we've avoided any type of costumed characters for the past 8 years!!

Man, that bunny gets AROUND! Thanks for sharing!

Online aloha from your Moms In Hawaii New Media Mom
Quote · 897 days ago · 1 people like this ·

lol Like9 -- you know what they say about bunnies!! Innocent

Quote · 895 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Selene, thanks so much for sharing this collection of Easter activities! It's great to see how many options there are to celebrate with keiki. We'll "sea" everyone at SeaHunt at the Waikiki Aquarium on March 31!

Tara for Keiki Sitters

Thanks for sharing Selene!!! Smile

My family always enjoyed holiday activites at Ward.  We will miss celebrating Easter on Oahu but am looking forward to Easter activities wherever my family will be.  I'll post Easter activities for Kauai and Big Island in the Activities forum.

April 7

Free Easter Activities Sponsored by Ka Lei Eggs
11 AM - 2 PM
Ward Warehouse, Diamond Head end
Celebrate Easter with fun keiki activities including sun craft, balloons, free temporary tattoos, and Easter Basket craft with a $1 donation to benefit Read-to-Me International. Bring a camera to take a photo with Ka Lei Egg’s mascot, Aunty Ka Lei.

Easter Egg Contest
Registration begins at 11 AM
Judging at 11:30 AM
Awards at 12:30 PM
Ward Warehouse, Diamond Head end
Bring a decorated Easter egg to the Easter Egg Contest sponsored by Ward Centers and Ka Lei Eggs. The contest is open to ages 4 years and older, and the top three winners in each age category will win great prizes.
Categories are as follows: Cutest (ages 4-8) and Most Unique (ages 9 and older). The first 50 entrants receive a certificate for a dozen Ka Lei eggs.
Entries are judged based on originality, craftsmanship and eye appeal. One entry per person. Contestants must provide their own egg stands. Egg stands/décor cannot exceed eight square inches in size.

Easter Bunny Treat Trail
2 - 3 PM
Ward Centers presents its annual Easter Bunny Treat Trail. Parents are encouraged to bring their keiki to Ward Centers to hop along the Treat Trail with their Easter baskets and collect treats from Ward merchants (participating merchants will have a carrot hanging over their doorway).

Quote · 890 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I saw the following announcement in an email from PriceBusters --

Kapolei Commons
Easter Egg-Stravaganza!

Saturday April 7, 10am-12pm
held on the grassy lawn of Kapolei Commons
for Kids ages 1-12
Meet the Easter Bunny!

Easter Egg Hunt, Free photos with the Easter Bunny and Fun Activities!

Kapolei Commons is also having an Easter Coloring Contesnt (Win $100 Shopping Spree!) --> http://www.thekapoleicommons.com/easter-coloring-contest-win-100-shopping-spree

Hurry entries must be postmarked by 3/30/12!

Quote · 890 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Wow!  This is such a great list!  Hard to believe Easter is almost upon us.  Aww...missed that Hope Chapel one.   That sounded like fun.  My friend told me about an egg hunt in Pearl City Sat 3/31 at Wai'au District Park, 98-1650 Kaahumanu Street, Pearl City, HI 96782 @ 8:30 AM, ages 1-8.

Quote · 887 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Kahala Mall http://kahalamallcenter.com/

Sunday, April 1st

Easter Eggs for the Family

Kiosk fronting Kahala Kids
10am – 2pm

Hop to the kiosk fronting Kahala Kids for a free Easter Egg filled with exclusive store coupons and your chance to win heaps of gift certificates and Keiki Easter baskets.

(One per person, while supplies last.)

Quote · 886 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Sunday, April 1st

10am – 2pm

Hop to the kiosk fronting Kahala Kids for a free Easter Egg filled with exclusive store coupons and your chance to win heaps of gift certificates and Keiki Easter baskets.

Aw shucks, too bad it's right in the middle of our MomsInHawaii Spring meet up!!

haha, sorry Selene, just realized that after posting it! Oh well, next year we can attend! =)

Sunday, April 1st

10am – 2pm

Aw shucks, too bad it's right in the middle of our MomsInHawaii Spring meet up!!

*ahem*

Selene, my dear, I know you were meaning to add our Moms In Hawaii Spring Picnic & Swap ... with out Easter-egg hunt and games for the kiddies, right? ...

*cough, cough*

Wink

Your Moms In Hawaii Editor, Founder & Chief Executive Mom ... at your service!

*ahem*

Selene, my dear, I know you were meaning to add our Moms In Hawaii Spring Picnic & Swap ... with out Easter-egg hunt and games for the kiddies, right? ...

*cough, cough*

Wink

Hahaha, of course Es!

Thanks, mama! Might also add that Moms In Hawaii will also be at the SeaHunt event tomorrow (!) at Waikiki Aquarium, so I hope everyone will swing by and say hi! ;)  We'll have a keiki activity presented by Keiki Sitters, and a gift drawing and Lani Moo special guest appearance by Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii, and our Moms In Hawaii crew will also help pass out apples courtesy of McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii (all awesome sponsors of Moms In Hawaii). So come on down, everyone!

Your Moms In Hawaii Editor, Founder & Chief Executive Mom ... at your service!

This list borrowed from Honolulu Magazine (I just got this emailed to me!)

Enjoy!

2012 Easter Egg Hunts

Kuhio Elementary School, March 30, 9:30 a.m., 955-0525

Waiau District Park, March 31, 8:30 a.m., 453-7555

Koko Head District Park, March 31, 9:00 a.m.,395-3407

Kaimuki Community Park, March 31, 9:30 a.m.,733-7350

Waikiki Aquarium, March 31, 8:30 a.m., 923-9741

Kaiser High School, March 31, 9:30 a.m., 394-1200

Kapolei Regional Park, March 31, 4 p.m.

Manoa Valley District Park, April 1, 9:30 a.m., 988-3136

DeCorte Neighborhood Park, April 1, 12:30 p.m., 832-7807

Windward Mall, April 4, 4 p.m., 235-1143

Maunawili Elementary School, April 7, 2 p.m., 562-1383

Honolulu Zoo, April 8, 9 a.m., 971-7171

Saint Andrews Cathedral, April 8, noon, 524-2822

Brunch and Egg Hunt
(Reservations required)

The Royal Hawaiian Hotel,  April 8, 9:30 a.m., 921-4600

The Willows, April 8, 10 a.m., 952-9200

Dave & Busters Hawaii, April 23, 8 a.m., 589-2215

Star of Honolulu, April 8, noon, 983-7827

Easter Sweet Fun Facts*

Did you know:
  • 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made for Easter each year.
  • 16 billion jellybeans are made for Easter.
  • 88 percent of adults create Easter baskets for their children.
  • 76 percent of people eat the ears on chocolate bunnies first.
  • 5 million marshmallow chicks and bunnies are produced for Easter every day.
Quote · 880 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Here's one I saw today...something diferent from other events....

What: For the first time ever, Iolani Palace is inviting keiki of all ages to the palace grounds for a Royal Egg Hunt (find one of 12 golden eggs to score a special prize). Then stay for an afternoon of games, contests and special tours of the Palace, where you can see elaborate costumes that children wore to Queen Liliuokalani's dress balls in 1892.
When: Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Iolani Palace, 364 South King St.
Details: Admission is free for children. The egg hunt starts at 10 a.m., children's tours and contests begin at 12 p.m. For more information, call (808) 522-0822 or visit Iolani Palace's Web site.

Forums

Aloha,

• Share to Facebook
    Share to Twitter
    Pin it
    LinkedIn
    Google+
    Email
    Print
  • Report a problem
  • Join Moms in Hawaii
  • Login

Right Panel: Reveal

This panel is positioned on the right with the reveal display mode. The panel markup is after the header, content and footer in the source order.

To close, click off the panel, swipe left or right, hit the Esc key, or use the button below:

Close panel