Do You Smell?

Quote · 1231 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Do you smell?

ha ha ok not bad kinda smell...good smell!

i bought my first bottle of perfume in the 90's...and i think i still have it! ha ha I hardly EVER wear it because i never remember to put it on.  WELL now i wanna grow up. and start smelling good again.

the perfume i have is Happy...i know, i know - old school....

i need a new one.

DO YOU WEAR PERFUME?

WHAT DO YOU WEAR?

LOL!  I was thinking: geez I guess after I work out I must smell, but I can't tell.  =)

I <3 happy!  I use lancome's magic or miracle, idk what it's called but it's pink.  I also have the DKNY green apple (don't know what that's called either), VS's pink & body mist.  I LOOOOVVVVEEEE the body mist so I use it sparingly when I'm with the hubs b/c he picked it & brought it back after he went on a "mission" to the mainland.

Have fun trying to find your "smell"  =)

mamarazzi and Nohea, your notes made me laugh!

I actually can't wear most perfumes. I am really scent-sensitive, and most perfumes give me crazy allergic reactions — watery eyes, sneezing, etc.

But for some weird reason, there is one scent that I CAN wear, and that's the pink DKNY cologne — the Fresh Blossom scent. Which, luckily, I also happen to like. Whew. Oddly, I seem to be allergic to even the other scents in the DKNY Be Delicious line. That green version that Nohea mentioned? It smells so pretty, so I tried it on a few weeks ago while shopping ... and by the time I got back to the car my eyes were tearing up so bad, I had to wipe it off with a baby wipe. Weird, eh? Go figgah ...

mamarazzi, if you need a new scent, go to the counter at someplace like Macy's or Sephora. They usually have nice salesladies who will help you figure out what kinds of scents you prefer — floral, fruity, spicy, fresh, woodsy, musky, whatever. They they'll suggest a few in family of scents you like.

I did that at Macy's, and then the lady let me take home a little test vial of the scent I liked. She recommended I try actually using it a few days, because any scent will change slightly with your body chemistry. That's how I found the one scent I can wear! ;)

Good luck on your search!

Your Moms In Hawaii Editor, Founder & Chief Executive Mom ... at your service!

My very first perfume, my DH bought me years ago, is Escape by Calvin Klein. It's very subtle and not overpowering. I too am sensitive like Esme. I start sneezing and get watery eyes. Usually the floral ones are the ones that will trigger it. It has to be non-floral or fruity smell. I just got into the Clinique Happy Heart and Escada Rockin Rio (which i don't think i see in the store anymore).

I LOVE Victoria's Secret #55.  They don't make it anymore though.  It's such a soft sweet smell.  At least that's what I smell...I hope it doesn't smell like a box of crayons to others when I wear it.

Isn't there a place by Sephora at Pearlridge where you can make your own fracrance?  I can't go in there.  It makes me want to pass out from all the different scents.  Same with the perfume aisles at the store.

I too am sensitive to smells but not as bad as Esme and I do smell bad also LOL! Wink

My very first one was a men's cologne drakkar or something probably hehehe!

Then I remember getting Cool Water (?) YEARS ago,  is that what it's called? haha

Now, I got a green tea perfume spray that isn't too bad, these were all given to me btw as I don't buy my own.

Those Sexy Expressions or whatever it's called they have at Walmart and Longs etc, I like one of those, I think it's the yellow one Smile

I too am sensitive to smells but not as bad as Esme and I do smell bad also LOL! Wink

My very first one was a men's cologne drakkar or something probably hehehe!

Then I remember getting Cool Water (?) YEARS ago,  is that what it's called? haha

Now, I got a green tea perfume spray that isn't too bad, these were all given to me btw as I don't buy my own.

Those Sexy Expressions or whatever it's called they have at Walmart and Longs etc, I like one of those, I think it's the yellow one Smile

EEEEEK!  One of my stalkers in HS wore that.  Every time I smell it, I get horrible flash backs.

HA! you guys are funny!!

NoheasOhana...pit check ;) i'm gonna have to take a trip to VS - haven't been there yet.

Es - the fresh blossom scent sounds good - i like flowery but not grandma flower

twin - i have to try the happy heart one. another friend had recommended it too

eileen - a box of crayons HA HA HA

B2L - Cool Water is OLD SCHOOL

I have a lot of Victoria's Secret and Bath & Bodyworks sprays.  I also wear Chanel No. 5 and Romance by Ralph Lauren (my favorite).  I love the smell of the Green Tea perfume by Elizabeth Arden, but it never stays on me long.

I'm also on the hunt for my signature scent.  I've never worn perfume (except for high school days because everyone had a bottle of Cool Water LOL).  I tried going into one of the Perfumemania stores...whoa...I couldn't tell one scent for the other, the smell of those stores are so overwhelming. I got a bunch of samples from a Sephora order and just when I think I've found my scent, the next time I wear it I don't like it anymore.  The hunt continues....

I LOVE perfume and cologne! I love when guys wear cologne.  The hubby wears armani mania.  LOVE it.  Scents always bring back memories.  HA HA HA.

My scent (and has been since I met the hubby) is j'adore by dior.  i also love lancome's miracle.  before j'adore it was chance by chanel.  i absolutely love it.  my friend wears it now so it makes me happy. HA HA HA.  I hope that doesn't sound weird.  But I like to smell it.  I love the fruity perfumes, but I can't stand it for too long.  I get nauseous and I get tired of it quickly.  I get really picky about the perfumes I wear.  I had one by Escada that I loved, but I forget what it's called.  I love Calvin Klein's Escape.  I absolutely love Ralph Lauren's Romance.  Wore that one for years, too!  I also had a DKNY one I wore for a while, but forgot that one, too.

Quote · 1230 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I love Victoria's Secret Love Spell!  I also love Bath and Body Works fruity smells....sheer freesia used to be one of my favs, but I don't think they make that one anymore.  I also love apple!

Quote · 1230 days ago · 0 people like this ·

NO!  NO!  NO!!!

I get massive headaches from ANY type of scent!  I even made my husband stop using whatever crap he was using when we first started dating!  Ewwww!!!!!

Thats why I can't stand walking past what I call "the stinky stores" like Abercrombie & Fitch and that other smelly one..... I can't remember the name..  hahaha!! 

The whole section in VS???  Yeah, I totally hold my breath when I walk through there!

*bleh*

Mom Squad Member and Crazy Mom of #7FLIPS
Quote · 1229 days ago · 0 people like this ·

My perfumes of choice are:

1)  Viva la Juicy.  I love to pronounce this perfume with some attitude, you know......like oooo-la-la juuuuu-say!!!  K, I know, kinda stupid, but funny, no!?!  No? Whatevers!!!  Hahaha!!!

2)  Wings.  I have no idea who makes it.

3)  esencia de DUENDE

4)  True Religion

I LOVE perfume and cologne! I love when guys wear cologne. 

babylove, me, too!  I love when guys wear *good smelling* colognes. 

C, you must go crazy when I sit next to you?  I always wear perfume.  You shoulda told me!  Now I know.  I'll wave to you from across the room!  Hehe!

I love Victoria's Secret Love Spell!  I also love Bath and Body Works fruity smells....sheer freesia used to be one of my favs, but I don't think they make that one anymore.  I also love apple!

I LOVE that scent for Victoria secret!  The others ones I like are Ralph Lauren Blue. My fave..but really hard to get now.. :( is Anna Sui Rock Me.  Its such a sweet smell. 

My perfumes of choice are:

1)  Viva la Juicy.  I love to pronounce this perfume with some attitude, you know......like oooo-la-la juuuuu-say!!!  K, I know, kinda stupid, but funny, no!?!  No? Whatevers!!!  Hahaha!!!

2)  Wings.  I have no idea who makes it.

3)  esencia de DUENDE

4)  True Religion

I LOVE perfume and cologne! I love when guys wear cologne. 

babylove, me, too!  I love when guys wear *good smelling* colognes. 

C, you must go crazy when I sit next to you?  I always wear perfume.  You shoulda told me!  Now I know.  I'll wave to you from across the room!  Hehe!

NO!!  See, yours must not be UBER strong or something!  hehehe...  (But, if you talking to me and you see me faint...then...)  NAH, NAH, NAH!!  I'm just kidding, girl! 

HAHAHAHA.....

Mom Squad Member and Crazy Mom of #7FLIPS

i love perfumes! i have a collection but my top 5 faves would be dior addict 2, marc jacobs daisy, couture by juicy couture, victoria's secret bombshell, and burberry britt. i'm a sucker for cute perfume bottles too.

you guys have so many recommendations! that will be my chore this week! FIND A SCENT!!

PinkLilies - my friend just told me about Daisy!!

Thats why I can't stand walking past what I call "the stinky stores" like Abercrombie & Fitch and that other smelly one..... I can't remember the name..  hahaha!!

when i was preggers i totally couldn't walk by those stores...  i got soooo sick from it.  i seriously had to walk all the way across it to walk by it.  those stores smell way too strong.

oh yes eluakeikikane, gotta be GOOD smelling cologne!  LOL.

Quote · 1226 days ago · 0 people like this ·

When I'm feeling cheap (which is most of the time) I just buy those sprays that they sell at Wal-mart...it's a nice light scent and I don't mind if I go through the bottle in a couple of days.  Smile

I have worn Happy, Escape, CK1

Usually I wear Opium and I love it, but ever since I got pregnant this time, it is kind of gross to me.  No complaints (that I know of) from anyone else, but still...if I can't even stand myself...

I just found a fun, young, light scent from Sephora---the Hello Kitty roll on perfume!  Ha!  It is fabulous!

I also love Angel.  They sell it at Nordstrom...that is an all time favorite.

Forums

Aloha,

• Share to Facebook
    Share to Twitter
    Pin it
    LinkedIn
    Google+
    Email
    Print
  • Report a problem
  • Join Moms in Hawaii
  • Login

Right Panel: Reveal

This panel is positioned on the right with the reveal display mode. The panel markup is after the header, content and footer in the source order.

To close, click off the panel, swipe left or right, hit the Esc key, or use the button below:

Close panel